Monday, January 30, 2012

Is this okay when feeding my 7 month old?

My daughter is 7 months old and she has tried about every fruit and vegetable out there. She loves them and has has no allergic reactions ever. Now, I'm serving her combined baby can foods (homemade or sometimes store bought) like chicken, pasta and vegetables (stage 2). I try a new one every day, is it bad that I'm not leaving a few days between each new food to test for allergies?|||It's not really a problem. Just keep in mind, what you have fed, and if you see an adverse reaction, you can think back, what had been new.





I heard people suggesting that a large variety of foods is better than just the same stuff every day to prevent allergies.|||It's fine. Once reaching stage two foods a lot of them are mixed. Even more so when you get to stage three.|||I never waited with my babies...and never had any problems.|||It will be hard if she has an allergic reaction to determine what she is allergic to... But I did the same thing with my son... He just wasn't interested in eating the same thing over and over again... He is 10 months old now and hasn't ate baby foods for awhile now...|||If she's had most of the foods individually you can know that she isn't allergic to them in combination. And if she's had no bad reactions up until now, the odds of a problem would be pretty low anyway.|||No, it's fine just look for any allergic reaction %26amp; look back %26amp; see what was different in the food that she hasn't had before.|||No its Absolutely fine, i work with infants and wean new children all the time. We try different foods all the time. like everyone said once they get to that stage three point they have almost had most things all mixed 2get her anyway.


So adding things in wont change a thing, you just need to make sure your keeping an eye out for any signs of a reaction to any of the new foods.|||It's fine, once Chloe had a wide range of veggies, fruit and meat and showed no reaction I did not wait between trying new things. She is pretty much eating finger foods now and still no problems and it tends to be off my plate

No comments:

Post a Comment