Monday, January 30, 2012

Should I go back to school to develop my skills or continue to juggle until my business can fully support me?

I am interested in starting a business but need advice on where to start. Currently I manage a store, am a full time single mom and do a little part time business on the side for extra income. I went to the local CBP today and they have loads of wonderful classes on starting a business to take as well as there are area classes that will help develop my skills to a certain point. I am concerned though about time. I want to get my idea out of the dream stage and in to being a reality. I have already been to school for what I want to do but think I definitely need more schooling to feel comfortable calling myself an expert in the field.|||Everyone learns as they go. That's a part of life. For me, if you've had enough schooling in the field that you want to run your business in, then you need to stop thinking and start moving. You can do it, even if it's part-time to start. But you need to start now. Delaying for more education now is just another excuse to stay in your comfort zone. I know it's hard to just jump in with your eyes closed, hoping for the best. But if you believe you're ready, then go for it.





I wish you the best of luck in all your business ventures.|||No one who starts a business is an expert in their field. It is trial and error. You lear as you go along. There are many factors you cannot control in business, and no amount of schooling will do you any good here.|||You might be interested on seing tropical hand crafted decors and some stuff such necklaces[surfer]..we are also starting our small business here in Philippines and trying to find some wholesale buyers..we can deal with a good price that's why we target wholesale suppier...if you are intersted just email me..freeverse_amira@yahoo.com..we can also send you pictures..ty|||I would advise you to return to school before you start your business. You obviously have a good job, your current employer may have tuition reimbursement so stick with them for now. After you've taken the needed classes start by making a marketing plan for your business. Decide whether or not you'll have employees, and how you'll get your business name out into the market place, and if you want investors. Then you'll want to consider insurance, worker's compensation, liability, health, life, dental, just to name a few. You have to determine the price of your services in order to cover costs. Most businesses lose money, in the first two years, so make provisions for yourself to meet personal expenses. There is also the Tax I.D. number that you have to apply for when running a business, and the IRS looks at your marketing plan to see if your plans are feasible. Then depending on the business you have to take into consideration who will deliver office supplies, provide IT support, and any other outside services that are needed. There are many decisions that you must make when opening a business so choose wisely and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment