Monday, January 30, 2012

What's a good snowblower?

I'm sick of all this snow! If I buy a snowblower, I want one that will do the big jobs, like all the mountains the plows leave at the end of my driveway, not a lightweight that can't handle it.



So, where do I start? Have any good recommendations for something I can maneuver, but can handle the big snows of Wisconsin? I assume I need a 2 stage.



Brand/prices/best stores to check? Thanks a lot!|||There are several good ones on the market. What you need from what you have discribed is a 8-10 horsepower,2 stage blower with electric start and chains for the wheels Craftsman is a Sears model. Lowes and Home Depot usually sell MTD. All are excellent makes The price for a 8-10 HP snowblower range in the $800-$1000...more or less. Check them out and see how they feel to you. These machines will do the job and last a long time with proper maintaince. I hope this helps.|||Make sure you get a two stage blower - first stage pulls the snow into the base and second stage blows in out the stack. A single stage snowblower will be much cheaper but it doesn't move more than a couple of inches of fluffy snow at a time.



Go to the local library and check Consumer's Reports magazine. I have a Honda and it's a workhorse. My brother in law has a Sears and likes it.|||Check home deopt/sears, they can help you. :]



Get one that RUNS, i see people get new snow blowers, pull the crank, and they never run, so get one that you can run after you pull the little thing once, not 023093404803 times.|||A really BIG one!



Like this: http://www.northeast.railfan.net/images/鈥?/a>|||Definitely get a two-stage model. I did a lot of searching recently, and decided on a Honda. I purchased mine used. I'm pretty sure all of the bigger units are self-propelled, so maneuvering it shouldn't be a problem. For those of you behind the cheddar curtain, I'd suggest at least 8 HP.
  • map of idaho
  • death certificates
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment