Thursday, January 26, 2012

What is the difference between Stage 1 baby food and Stage 2?

I know that Stage 1 baby food is a single food in one container, and some Stage 2 foods are blends.



Here's why I'm asking. I was at the store yesterday picking up some Stage 1 Gerber Bananas, Applesauce, and Peaches for my 4 month old son. He loves all 3, but the containers are small. You know, there's two containers in a pack and one pack is 1 dollar.



I saw a package of Stage 2 Bananas and there was twice as much in there for 7 cents more.



It looked the same, but of course, I couldn't actually open it and look to see if it was the same bananas as the stage 1.



So, is there any difference? Is it chunkier?What is the difference between Stage 1 baby food and Stage 2?
1. It's VERY slightly thicker.

2. The jar is bigger.

3. Some stage 2 foods are mixtures or have thickeners/additives in them.



Check the label, and if the stage 2 bananas aren't full of tapioca and starch, go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment