Monday, January 30, 2012

What's the difference between Nutramigen and Ailmentrum Formula?

What's the difference between the two? My toddler has a milk and soy allergy so I was told that one of these might work.





Anyone tried these products with success?





I just bought Nutramigen Enfamil at the store, very very expensive. Its not even a toddler stage, i don't think they make a toddler formula that is soy and milk free.





Thanks|||i think the difference is that alimentium was corn syrup and nutramigen does not . but all three of my kids were on nutramigen , but the dont make it for toddlers only o-12 months. but you can try giving him nutramigen , if he has always been on milk based he will not drink it it tastes and smells horrible. my babies would not touch it after they were off it for 2 days. mayde you can try that stuff they have called rice milk ,,,, ask doc first cause it dont know if its milk or soy free . maybe just google it and see. but that is was mine used from 12 - 15 months and then went to whole milk.








actually its called rice dream.|||The biggest difference between the two is brand names. Other then that they are both formulas used when doctor suspects that baby has a protein allergy. They do taste very different and both are expensive. My son would take the nutramigen but not alimentum.


For what it's worth most infant's systems will develop enough that by the time they're toddlers they won't have the sensitivity any longer. My son outgrew it at about 9 months...We just slowly introduced whole milk until we found he could tolerate it well.


Be aware of ingredients in baby food when you hit that stage. I know for instance the gerber green beans uses powdered milk in it for consistency and my little boy couldn't keep those down at all! When you baby gets closer to that one year mark to wean off of formula start introducing foods like yougurt and soft cheeses....If they can handle those foods then you know they should do okay on milk.|||The only difference is the company that makes it. My son is on Alimentum. I know it is expensive, but it is better than a violently puking baby (that is what my son did on regular formula). It smells horrible to me, but he chugs is down. I get it on e-bay for about $10 less per can.


As a toddler, maybe he could try the rice milk or almond milk... check with your pedi.

No comments:

Post a Comment