Saturday, February 18, 2012

Can you heat up left-over baby food?

My son just started eating the stage 1 veggies and fruits.


I know that you can warm it up once you open it the first time, but he never finishes the entire container, and the directions say you can store it in the fridge for up to three days.





So my question is, how do I warm up the food in that I store in the fridge?


Is it safe to heat in microwave, or should I run it under warm tap water?|||If you close the jar properly and store it in the fridge, it should be fine to reheat. It's really not necessary to warm things up, though. Fruits and veggies can be served room temp. The only thing we ever served warm was the meats.





Treat it like a bottle. Microwaves can heat things unevenly, so make sure to stir it before you feed it to him.|||in creches they usually use microwaves but you can use the oven aswell|||you can only re-heat it if he hasn't eaten straight from the jar as saliva can transfer from the spoon to the food and spoil it so the best thing to do is take some out the jar and feed him from a bowl, then the rest can be stored to use later. Re-heating in the microwave is fine but make sure you use a microwave safe container|||Yes. When my son doesn't finish his, we microwave it. He doesn't like cold food or formula. I never microwave it when I first open it though. It's room temperature, so we don't bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment