Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Does anyone here feed their dog Canidea and noticed any inconsistency?

in the quality of the canned food? I feed my dogs Canidea All Life Stages Chicken, Lamb and Fish in Chicken Broth Dog Food and I buy from different pet stores and online. I've been noticing that from can to can the color of the food can vary (from lighter pink to darker meat color) and so can the texture (too dry to too moist). As far as I know these cans have another year to their expiration date and I only buy about one case (26 cans) each month. Should I be concerened about the quality of this brand? Is it the way I store the unopned cans (in the garage)? Has this happened to you?


Thanks.|||I feed canidae to my two dogs. The color and texture changes that you are referring to are from exposure to changes in heat and light because the food does not have all of the artificial preservatives that lesser quality brands do.





I suspect that the temperature flux from keeping it in your garage is the cause of this. However, as long as the cans are still sealed and the expiration date has not passed, you do not have anything to worry about.





One note. Unless your dogs have dental problems that require them to be on a wet food diet, dry food should be their dominant source of nutrition. The canidae all life stages dry kibble is very good for your dogs and much less costly.|||We lost the oldest member of our dog pack yesterday. In researching Canidae, which we fed them for years, we stumbled on this information:





http://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/canidae.html





Although we are now feeding our remaining dogs Blue Buffalo and pleased so far, we miss our little girl.

Report Abuse


|||I HAVE FEED IT FOR YEARS AND THE CAN FOOD ISNT THE WAY TO GO,USE THE P.A.W.S KIBBLE AND MIX BREWER'S YEAST TABLETS WITH IT


THE DATE ON THE CANS WILL HELP YOU TELL HOW FRESH IT IS BUT IF IT WAS EXPOSED TO HEAT AND SUN IT WILL DARKEN THE COLOR UP IN IT DUE TO THE WATER|||This is one of the top rated food on the market. I would not worry about color changes but you should probably change to dry food. It is much better for their teeth and you arnt paying for water|||I feed canidae, but i don't use the canned food. I only use dry. In my opinion, canned food is not healthy for dogs, dry food is much better for their teeth and overall health. If I were you, I'd switch the dry food, mixing in canned for the first week or so to transition your dog. If you find they don't like the dry, you can add just a little some low sodium chicken broth for more flavor. this is a very high quality food and I woudln't be concerned about the quality of it, just more so that you're feeding only canned food.

No comments:

Post a Comment