Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What is a good title for this script?

What's a good title for this short script? If you dont feel like reading the whole thing its about an urban family going on a camping trip getting stuck in a tiny town and meeting to rednecks who cant talk right. It drives the family crazy.

SCRIPT:



MOM: (excited) Okay guys, so the surprise is that we鈥檙e going on a camping trip!

MILD: (texting) Are you kidding me?

NANA: oh come on, it will be fun. (Whispering) I鈥檒l give you 50 bucks.

MOM: We鈥檙e leaving bright and early tomorrow morning!

MILD: (obnoxious sigh) I have plans

MOM: Honey, It鈥檚 just for the weekend. Your plans can be rescheduled.

NANA: I had plans too you know.

END SCENE

SETTING TWO: on the road driving to camping area.

STAGE DIRECTIONS: big box as motor home, mom (texting and driving), nana and Mild are sitting in it.

SCRPT:

MOM: (TEXTING, DRIVING) there are waterslides, and a beach, horseback riding and great weather for tanning

NANA: (excited) awe yeah, I鈥檝e been meaning to catch up on my cocoa complexion. My tanning minutes ran out on Tuesday.

MILD: (disgusted) are you kidding me nana?

MOM, NANA, MILD: (jerk back)

MOM: uh oh, I think something鈥檚 wrong with the motor home

NANA: I told you we should have just bought a new one instead of renting this trash, for only 350 a night鈥?Something has to go wrong.

MILD: (Looking at her cell phone)I knew it.. . Oh my gosh, if I lose service I鈥檓 going to freak.

MOM: (confused, turning around the map) Well, according to this map there is a convince store about 2 miles away.

NANA: I can get a head start on my tan

MILD: so... Are you saying we鈥檙e walking there?

MOM: yes.

END SCENE

SETTING THREE: at a convenience store

STAGE DIRECTIONS: boxes spread around with random props on them. Susan and BB are sitting on lawn chairs waiting

SCRIPT:

BB: do you see what I see?

SUSAN: are those people?

BB: yeehaw, we haven鈥檛 had customers in nearly 3 months!

SUSAN: (annoyed) I know.

NANA, MOM, MILD: (walking in)

MOM: Do you know anything about motor homes?

SUSAN: well howdy to you too, my name is Susayun but you can call me Susan

BB: And my name is Big Bob, but you can call me BB.

MOM: (scared) uhh mild, introduce yourself鈥?br>
MILD: uhh my name is Mildred but you can call me mild

SUSAN: well that鈥檚 a strange name...

NANA: you鈥檙e a strange woman, now answer her question.

BB: well there aint nothin鈥?I don鈥檛 know about motor homes.

MOM: well why don鈥檛 you come with us and come see what鈥檚 wrong with it

SUSAN: Our shedjuals full today

BB: Come on back on chuesday

MILD: t-t-t-t Tuesday

BB : okay fine. T-t-t- chuesday.

MOM: look, I can鈥檛 stand it when you talk like that.

NANA: same here even makes my tan feel a little dull.

SUSAN: You know, we aint doing it to annoy yall, it鈥檚 allll natural.

BB: That鈥檚 the reason we aint got no customers

MOM: no doubt

MILD: well, I don鈥檛 care. I want the motor home fixed so I can go home.

NANA: is there no way you could fit us in before Tuesday? You said you had no customers anyway

SUSAN: well, I guess you鈥檙e right, if you look at it that way.

BB: we jus gotta order the parts

MOM: Well how long will that take?

SUSAN: well, we needa get a hold of FedEx and we aint talk to them forever. We aint payin phone bills so we have no phone no more

NANA: well why don鈥檛 you just use my blackberry?

MILD: (snicker) they probably don鈥檛 know how to use that

SUSAN: we got a bush of those in the back yard!

MILD: It鈥檚 a cell you idiot.

BB: (confused) uhh fair enough, but what are we going to get in return?

MOM: (whispering to nana and mild) we can teach them how to speak right

BB: yeah! I like that idea!

MILD: are you serious?

SUSAN: yeehaw, I do too! We could get some more customers.

NANA: it鈥檚 a deal!

SUSAN: We have an extra room in the back if you want to stay, there鈥檚 also a ton of sun for tanning

NANA: (hands over her phone) alright.

END SCENE

SETTING FOUR: Back at the Motor home

STAGE DIRECTIONS: mom鈥檚 sitting in the front of the motor home, Mild and Nana sitting in the back, BB and Susan are standing beside the motor home talking to mom

SCRIPT:

MOM: Thank you so much for all your help

BB: anytime, and thank you for helping us out with our speech

SUSAN: It was nice meeting you guys!

MILD: Yeah, I even had a bit of fun, picking your guy鈥檚 version of blackberries out back

NANA: and I got a nice touch up on my cocoa complexion.

MILD: say Tuesday one more time!

BB: (slowly) Tuesday

MILD: and Schedule

SUSAN: (slowly ) schedule

MOM: (laughs) alright well we better go, it鈥檚 getting pretty late

BB: okay, well it was a pleasure meeting yall

MILD: (glairs)

BB: you all.

MILD: Better

MILD %26amp; NANA: (push the motor home away)

END SCENE

SETTING FIVE: mid stage, no motor home or props.

STAGE DIRECTIONS: BB and Susan walking away

BB: what losers!

SUSAN: (laughs) yeah we better get back to our shejual

BB: Yeah, it鈥檚 so late it鈥檚 almost chuesday!|||I'm pretty sure this was posted in the wrong catagory.|||Purgatory|||No man's land
  • muffler
  • new cd releases
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment