Sunday, February 12, 2012

Are there different stages of maternity clothes?

For instance..you buy medium size 8 jeans (maternity), they usually last you the whole pregnancy right?

Everywhere I look everything is pretty much based off your pre-preg size, so should those clothes you buy pretty much last you?

Or, during the last three months or so are there like special "extra" maternity clothes you need to buy? totally out of the loop, first pregnancy.

I bought a lot of jeans and tops at a thrift stores today, that's why i am asking|||yes they should last you, unless YOU gain weight. if you turn into a size 11 because you're eating too much, then your jeans wont turn into a size 11. but yeah it lasts during the whole pregnancy. the jeans are cotton and stretchy at the waist line. and the shirts are designed to accommodate to your growing stomach too.|||it depends on the way you gain weight and how you carry it. In my opinion maternity clothes are a waste of money. I learned that after i bought tons of clothes. Right now i am 36 weeks and half my shirts don't fit right, you're better off buying shirts that are your regular size but long so when you have a belly you won't be hanging out. And don't buy the pants with a small elastic waist band (they give me contractions because they're so tight), buy the ones that cover your entire belly.



And a really handy thing is the Be Band, i can still wear my regular jeans with this thing and it only cost me like $10 :)



now that i wrote a novel on maternity clothes

good luck :)|||You usually go by the size you were before you got pregnant. Although I find that near the end of pregnancy mine started getting alittle tight. I guess it just depends on how much weight you gain.|||Usually they fit you to the size you are in the pregnancy at the time you buy them. I bought some around 5 months, when I really started showing and couldn't really fit comfortably in my pre-pregnancy clothes. By the time I was 8 months, I had to buy more, because the others were starting to get snug. try to not buy a lot, like buy a pair of dressier pants and then maybe two casual pairs of pants (pants,Capri's/shorts depending on the weather) and then buy tops that can be worn longer...like stretchier ones that are a little longer (that way they will last for a while). Sometime maternity tops are low cut, so try to get two primary color tank tops or Cami's to go underneath, that way you can switch them out under other tops. I did this and it worked well, I just didn't want to buy an entire wardrobe that would only be worn 5 months or so. Thrift stores are great for maternity clothes, so if you get them at a good price, then buying a little more isn't that big of a deal. In the meantime, if you find the next size from what you bought at a good price, then buy it, it can't hurt if it is at a good price. I hope this helps. Congrats and good luck.
  • xenon
  • death certificates
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment