Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Is there a fabric marker that will show up white on black fabric?

My dad has been in a local band for a year now and I haven't been able to go to any of the concerts. I want to show him I am interested in what he is doing by me and my friends going to thier next one in a couple weeks and acting like "groupies," rush the stage, and have them sign my band shirt. The only problem is they made up black shirts for their band so I'll need some type of bold white marker. I wear the shirt a lot so it would need to be put in the laundry, but i don't want the "autographs" to be washed out. Is there any suggestions? please include the brand and what store I might be able to find it at. (I need the marker or fabric pen before March 23rd.)



Thanks,

Tabbie

"angelinmythoughts"|||Chalk?|||My first thought was a bleach pen, commonly used to remove spots prior to laundering. After the performance / signing, you'd have to neutralize the bleach with a ten minute soak of one part of hydrogen peroxide to ten parts water, and even then you're weakening the fabric over the long-haul. I use these pens in fabric embellishment though and love them. This would definitely work for you and the bleach pens are found in almost every grocery.

I looked at my favorite supplier, Dharma, for a marker meant for dark fabrics. They probably have one, but they have so many products it was hard to say without more time looking. Give it a try.|||"Sharpie" brand makes a metallic silver pen. I don't remember where I got this one ... try art supply store, arts and crafts store, office supply store .... phone around first so you don't waste time hitting every store in town . Good luck !|||I think you could use a "laundry marking pen". If you can't find it at your local mass merchandiser (Wal-Mart), check at a fabric store such as Hancock's or JoAnn's. I know they make one with dark ink - it's not supposed to launder off. I would think they'd have one in white.



Next to that you might try fabric paint pens. It's fabric paint in a pen - you'd just have to be a little careful until it dried. Try Hobby Lobby or your local craft store for that.



Good luck!
  • lady gaga born this way album
  • online puzzle games
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment