Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Does my mom have an early stage of Alzheimer's? Shes only 40!?

She forgets some little things all the time! She forgets things like a gift she was supposed to give someone, something she was supposed to get at the store and a bunch on stuff! She doesn't forget who people are but one of the signs of alzheimers is having trouble reading and sometimes my mom has trouble. She things she has early alzheimers. I'm so nervous if she does, shes my best friend and i wouldn't be able to live with out her. Do you think she may have it? Also, is there any way to reduce the risk of it getting worse? I heard vitamin B helps a lot. But shes only 40 so i'm really nervous!


Thanks...|||We all tend to become forgetful around 40 years old. I remember when it started with me. It's pretty scary at first. I'm in my 50s now %26amp; have gotten used to it. I suggest that your mom go to her family doctor %26amp; get a physical exam. You could go with her. I still go with my mom to the doctor. Discuss the memory concern with the doctor %26amp; see if any vitamin supplements are necessary. See if she's up to date with other things too, such as mammogram, colonoscopy, bone density.... This way you can do your best to keep your mom healthy. See that your mom is eating a healthy diet %26amp; is exercising (it can be just taking walks). Btw...I love your puppy photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment