Sunday, February 12, 2012

Getting over mono in the fatigue stage?

I have had mono for 3 weeks now. Most of my symptoms are gone, except a whole lot of fatigue.





My doctor said that a lot of people start to feel a little bit better then "over do it" with any sort of physical activity which can make things last longer. 4 days ago i tried going to the grocery store and then to a doctor appointment. just getting ready to go and starting to drive over, i started to feel some pain in my spleen. As i walked around in the grocery store i began to feel very nauseous and generally uncomfortable.





Im starting to feel a little bit less fatigued as the week goes on, but im sort of scared to do simple activities like going to the grocery store. i need to get better as soon as possible to resume my life guarding job. i actually am scheduled to take a life guard re-cert. in 3 days which involves swimming 2 football fields. i will probably cancel this?





does any one have any tips for how to ease back into normal life? i dont know how to tell my limits of what i can handle activity wise.





wikipedia says "Rest is recommended during the acute phase of the infection, but activity should be resumed once acute symptoms have resolved."





should i go with their words over my doctors?|||you should follow your doctor's advice he/she has seen and treated you not some site on the internet.





Have you consulted the doc over the nausea and pain? DO SO.





Mono can take months to get over so give it time and check with your doctor as necessary.|||I have had mono twice and the best advice I can give you is to listen to your body. If you're tired - REST. It's good to try resuming activities in small doses to see what you can handle. Definitely don't over do it but plan maybe one errand or activity a day with plenty of time for rest before and afterwards. I know it's frustrating and boring but rest is the only way to truly get better! Good luck to you. :)|||I had mono when I was 20 and think I slept about a month of my life away. Without a doubt you should reschedule your re-cert because you could fail in the physical shape you're in right now. Wait until you feel good for 2 or 3 days in a row and do something small - not too physical. If you feel ok after that, gradually do a little more each day until you feel like yourself again. Mono is a nasty bugger of an illness, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment